Monday, March 31, 2014

First day in San Carlos - Monday March 17


The trip from Juigalpa to San Carlos is a beautiful 2 hour drive and seeing San Carlos again was like bring reunited with an old friend.  I was here 2 years ago and look forward over the next days of seeing friends again.


I am staying in the Hotel Osaca.  The room is small but has hot water and air conditioning - so no complaints here!


Upstairs is a great restaraunt with an awesome view of where the river flows into the lake.  


This is Templo Baptista De Saron church in a small village outside of San Carlos called Laurel-gulan.  The pastors name is Juan Jose.  I will be preaching and teaching there this week.




That is the outside baptistery.



I have been asked to do many things on mission trips all over the world - but this was the first time I was asked to pray a blessing on this baby and mother.



There were about 30-40 people in attendance.  I taught Luke 6:46-49 on Building A Life that Pleases God.  



 While I love Nicaraguan Food (Jalapeno de la Pollo is my favorite) I passed on the fish and stuck to the beans and rice!   They were awesome!