Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day Two in San Carlos - Morning of March 18th, 2014

Two years ago I came to San Carlos and fished for River Tarpon with Champa.  He is one of the local fishing guides.


We were unsuccessful 2 years ago just jumping one - but he was huge - well over an estimated 150lbs.  This morning I was able to go out again with Chaumpa and try again for the ever illusive river tarpon.


We left the Dock a little before 6 am going several miles upstream before setting out 4 trolling lines.


So far, nothing.  We had one short strike but no hook up.   I've tried praying, repenting of sins I did and even those I wanted to do and still nothing.   The day is not over - I still have a couple hours left to fish ..... But morning time was prime.


So here I sit ..... On the upside, I have seen many Tarpon rolling and the scenery is stunning!   Plus it has given me a chance to encourage Chaumpa in his search for God.   Keep him and his family In your prayers.


For those that aren't aware of what Tarpon look like - this is a Salt Water Tarpon I caught in Key West, Florida.  He went about 70 lbs.   River Tarpon are usually larger - up to about 225 lbs.   They are some of the best fighting fish on earth.  


You know the fishing is "on" when I'm taking pictures of trees!    Grin.


Here were some visitors I had on the bow of the boat as we were trolling. 

End of the morning report - no Tarpon.  Shower and Nap await.